Recently I’ve become very interested in topic Time Management. It all started with Randy Pausch fantastic video which I stumbled upon a few years. It you haven’t watch it you must:
Although a cliché, time is really all we have and if we want to accomplish ideas we dream of, we have to make time for them. I noticed that if I don’t manage my time, it’s so easy let the ‘busy-ness’ of daily life brush aside all the stuff that I want to do. I love this quote from him:
You dont find time for important things, you make it
I made a few progresses in the following fronts:
- Managing email: I’m not at in-box zero level but on most days all emails in my inbox can fit above the fold
- Reading, learning about time management: I read “Eat that Frog” and I’m reading 168 Hours. Both are filled with practical techniques on how to focus on what matters.
- Using Pomodoro: I started to practice using pomodoro and it definitely helps me reduce frequency of interruptions and increase my focus. But I still haven’t mastered it yet.
And these are changes that I’m tracking in my daily routine:
- Tackling Procrastination
- Planning my today, week, quarter
- Tracking my time
- Focusing on one thing at a time only
I delve deeper into this very interesting and relevant topic again soon.